Source to i386/include/limits.h
* Copyright (c) 1988, 1993
* The Regents of the University of California. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
* must display the following acknowledgement:
* This product includes software developed by the University of
* California, Berkeley and its contributors.
* 4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors
* may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
* without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
* ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
* FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
* DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
* OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
* @(#)limits.h 8.4 (Berkeley) 4/28/95
#define CHAR_BIT 8 /* number of bits in a char */
#define MB_LEN_MAX 6 /* Allow 31 bit UTF2 */
#define CLK_TCK 60 /* ticks per second */
* According to ANSI (section 22.214.171.124), the values below must be usable by
* #if preprocessing directives. Additionally, the expression must have the
* same type as would an expression that is an object of the corresponding
* type converted according to the integral promotions. The subtraction for
* INT_MIN and LONG_MIN is so the value is not unsigned; 2147483648 is an
* unsigned int for 32-bit two's complement ANSI compilers (section 126.96.36.199).
* These numbers work for pcc as well. The UINT_MAX and ULONG_MAX values
* are written as hex so that GCC will be quiet about large integer constants.
#define SCHAR_MAX 127 /* min value for a signed char */
#define SCHAR_MIN (-128) /* max value for a signed char */
#define UCHAR_MAX 255 /* max value for an unsigned char */
#define CHAR_MAX 127 /* max value for a char */
#define CHAR_MIN (-128) /* min value for a char */
#define USHRT_MAX 65535 /* max value for an unsigned short */
#define SHRT_MAX 32767 /* max value for a short */
#define SHRT_MIN (-32768) /* min value for a short */
#define UINT_MAX 0xffffffff /* max value for an unsigned int */
#define INT_MAX 2147483647 /* max value for an int */
#define INT_MIN (-2147483647-1) /* min value for an int */
#define ULONG_MAX 0xffffffffL /* max value for an unsigned long */
#define LONG_MAX 2147483647L /* max value for a long */
/* min value for a long */
#define LONG_MIN (-2147483647L-1L)
#define SSIZE_MAX INT_MAX /* max value for a ssize_t */
#define SIZE_T_MAX UINT_MAX /* max value for a size_t */
/* GCC requires that quad constants be written as expressions. */
#define UQUAD_MAX ((u_quad_t)0-1) /* max value for a uquad_t */
/* max value for a quad_t */
#define QUAD_MAX ((quad_t)(UQUAD_MAX >> 1))
#define QUAD_MIN (-QUAD_MAX-1) /* min value for a quad_t */
#endif /* !_POSIX_SOURCE */
#endif /* !_ANSI_SOURCE */