Source to sys/syslimits.h
* Copyright (c) 1988 The Regents of the University of California.
* All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
* must display the following acknowledgement:
* This product includes software developed by the University of
* California, Berkeley and its contributors.
* 4. Neither the name of the University nor the names of its contributors
* may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
* without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE REGENTS AND CONTRIBUTORS ``AS IS'' AND
* ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE
* ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE
* FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL
* DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS
* OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)
* HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT
* LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY
* OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF
* SUCH DAMAGE.
* @(#)syslimits.h 7.4 (Berkeley) 2/4/91
#define ARG_MAX 20480 /* max bytes for an exec function */
#define CHILD_MAX 40 /* max simultaneous processes */
#define LINK_MAX 32767 /* max file link count */
#define MAX_CANON 255 /* max bytes in terminal canonical input line */
#define MAX_INPUT 255 /* max bytes in terminal input */
#define NAME_MAX 255 /* max number of bytes in a file name */
#define NGROUPS_MAX 16 /* max number of supplemental group id's */
#define OPEN_MAX 64 /* max open files per process */
#define PATH_MAX 1024 /* max number of bytes in pathname */
#define PIPE_BUF 512 /* max number of bytes for atomic pipe writes */
#define BC_BASE_MAX 99 /* max ibase/obase values allowed by bc(1) */
#define BC_DIM_MAX 2048 /* max array elements allowed by bc(1) */
#define BC_SCALE_MAX 99 /* max scale value allowed by bc(1) */
#define BC_STRING_MAX 1000 /* max const string length allowed by bc(1) */
#define EQUIV_CLASS_MAX 2 /* max weights for order keyword; see locale */
#define EXPR_NEST_MAX 32 /* max expressions nested in expr(1) */
#define LINE_MAX 2048 /* max length in bytes of an input line */
#define RE_DUP_MAX 255 /* max repeated RE's using interval notation */