This thing uses code from:
Reverse-engineered Atari ST frontier (David Braben, etc)
All the other shit i wrote myself (like the 68k assembler
and disassembler) are GPL (i guess...).
Type 'make' and perhaps god will favour you.
Some special keys:
F11 - Toggle fullscreen.
F12 - Open the emulation menu.
Ctrl-M - Toggle mouse grabbing.
Ctrl-Q - Quit.
If you have a middle mouse button then pressing it should toggle
mouse grabbing also.
* 4096 colour palette (was 512 in ST version).
* dynamic colours are always allocated. frontier used to allocate 14
dynamic colours for scenes which typically want 25-35 colours. now
all these colours are available. this basically means frontier is
now 256 colours from a 4096 colour palette.
* New option: Light/dark space colour.
* Fixed ST FE2 bug: milkyway was not visible until after a hyperspace.
* 'Scale2x' mode, which can be activated in the screen section of
the big F12 menu thingy.
* ripped out the crappy sound code. sfx are now 8 or 16 bit 22khz
wavs in sfx/, and music doesn't exist for the moment.
2004.05.16 - Option 'Icon beeps' had no effect in ST frontier. Fix this.
2004.05.16 - Remember option 'light/dark' space in savefiles.
2004.05.16 - Default to 'very high' detail level.
Savefiles should remain compatible with those of the atari ST version.
Bug reports, patches, legal threats welcome.