2003-03-12 (THH): *** Version 0.30 ***
* Updated readme.txt and version number to 0.30
* Changed output audio sample format back to unsigned again (seems to work
better on some systems).
* Adjusted audio functions so that Hatari's sound should be right again.
* Fixed TOS patching routine - it was only working on big endian machines
(Thanks to Tony Smolar for the hint!).
* IKBD_Cmd_ReadClock() should now work.
* Some parts of the code accessed the SR directly to read the IPL - however
the UAE CPU core only updates the SR when doing a MakeSR() first. So this
is done in the affected code parts now, too.
* The IPL wasn't raised when a MFP interrupt occured - fixed now.
* Full screen resolution for ST-Low can now be selected from the screen
* The IKBD emulation does not longer duplicate joystick fire buttons when
a game (like Babarian) tries to use both, joystick and mouse => Games like
Lotus Turbo Esprit Challange are now working again!
* Improved audio timer function - the code should now be a little bit faster.
* Resynced Hatari's UAE CPU core with UAE 0.8.22 - this fixes some bugs in
68k instructions like ABCD and SBCD.
* Now only reinitializing the sound subsystem if really needed, this should
fix a problem with Linux ALSA sound driver (Thanks to Tony Smolar for
discovering this problem!).
* Added another patch for TOS 2.05 so that this TOS version should now work
with Hatari, too.
* Rewrote TOS patching routine. It is more flexible now.
* Removed 0xa0ff opcode for VDI resolutions; using GEMDOS_OPCODE now instead.
* Fixed MMU RAM size configuration bug.
* Rewrote some screen conversion functions in C (low320x8.c, low640x8.c,
med640x8.c and spec640x16.c).
* When a bus or address error occurred, the PC was often not set to the
right exception handler routine. This has been fixed now - thanks to
Philippe Gerin for finding the bug and the patch for solving it!
2002-12-30 (THH): *** Version 0.25 ***
* Added some more bus error entries in intercept.c (just like on a real ST).
* Updated the readme.txt.
* Moved Hatari's line-a opcodes (0xa000 and 0xa0ff) from tos.c to cartimg.c
so that the extended VDI resolutions should now also work with hard disk
emulation turned on.
* WinSTon turned off screen rendering while booting in a VDI resolution
mode. This has been enable again, so that the user can see what's going
on. However, booting in a VDI mode is now a little bit slower (especially
on TOS 2.06).
* VDI resolutions with 4 colors are now working, too.
* Fixed some bugs in screen.c
* Added the possibility to select the GEM resolution to the TOS/GEM dialog.
* Rewrote ConvertVDIRes_2Colour() in C for big monochrome VDI resolutions.
* Rewrote ConvertVDIRes_16Colour() in C and added Line-A/VDI patches
so that Hatari now also features a VDI big resolution mode.
* Added YM and WAV sound recording (to hatari.ym or hatari.wav since the
GUI does not support editing strings yet).
* Introduced "System" setup dialog for configuring the ST hardware
(currently CPU and blitter).
* Fixed bug in the blitter function, so the letters in the menu bar of the
desktop are now correct.
* Some more endianess patches for spec512 screens - looks much better now!
* Fixed the bug that caused Hatari to crash when it was not able to load
the font image.
* Added experimental blitter emulation (taken from STonX).
"Wings Of Death" started working now - wow!
* Separated SDL_INIT_JOYSTICK and SDL_INIT_AUDIO from Main_Init(), since
failures during joystick/audio initialization shouldn't be fatal.
* Short-Cuts now also work with the "apple" key on Mac OS X.
* Some endianess patches for the spec512 convertion routine (but it is
still not yet working right).
* Fixed bug in tos.c - TOS 1.00 has been wrongly patched and did not work
2002-02-18 (THH): *** Version 0.20 ***
* Setting the HD drives is now also included in the GUI.
* Updated the readme.txt.
2002-02-05 (Thomas Huth):
* Added Svens HD-image patch.
* Yet another bugfix for BeOS (lseek again...)
2002-01-14 (Thomas Huth):
* Added (real) joystick support.
2002-01-02 (Thomas Huth):
* Fixed some problems with the CPU reset.
* Updated the GUI.
2001-12-27 (Thomas Huth):
* Finished the first working version of the GUI. Not yet perfect,
but many things can now be configured there.
* Mapped the GUI to the F12 key, quitting the program is now
2001-12-25 (Thomas Huth):
* Cleaned up: Fixed many "FIXME"s, rewrote the splitpath and makepath
functions, and moved the scandir and alphasort functions to file.c.
* Improved the SDL-GUI.
* Designed some dialogs and started working on a file selection dialog.
2001-12-21 (Thomas Huth):
* Hatari now uses the SDL's relative mouse mode instead of absolut mode.
* Removed the files view.c and statusbar.c (not really needed).
2001-12-10 (Thomas Huth):
* Wrote a first version of the graphical user interface.
* The path where Hatari searches its data (TOS-image etc.)
can now be specified in the Makefile.
2001-10-10 (Thomas Huth): *** Version 0.11 ***
* Changed some C++ comments to C comments (for plain ANSI-C compilers).
* Fixed a stack problem in gemdos.c
2001-09-20 (Thomas Huth):
* Added screen flipping in fullscreen mode (-> more speed!).
* ST-Med/ST-Low mixed mode now works (e.g. in the Magnetic
2001-09-09 (Sven de Marothy):
* Added hard-drive emulation, (option -e or --harddrive)
* Fixed annoying key clicks during boot.
2001-08-16 (Thomas Huth): *** Version 0.10a ***
* Improved CPU cycles emulation. Most instructions now return the
right cycles, I hope.
* Added Spec512 support.
2001-07-21 (Thomas Huth):
* Added some shortcuts
* Added the possibility to switch between fullscreen and window mode.
* Started working on better CPU cycles emulation (well, they are
a real mess!).
* Added ST Medium resolution.
* Added Sven's debugger patch.
* Added Sven de Marothy's screenshot patch. It allows taking screenshots
by pressing ALTGR-G.
2001-06-10 (Thomas Huth):
* Added sound support. Does not yet work perfect, but at least there
are some noises now :-) (Use option --sound to enable it).
2001-06-01 (Thomas Huth): *** Version 0.05a ***
* Added joystick emulation.
* Added Stefan's patch for ST-LOW res on big-endian machines,
his patch for also leaving Hatari by pressing F12, and
his fullscreen patch.
* Changed all tabulator characters in the source to spaces.
2001-05-27 (Thomas Huth): *** Version 0.04a ***
* Added Stefan Berndtsson's patch for big-endian machines.
Hatari now runs also with non-x86 Linux machines! Thanks Stefan!
* Rewrote the ST-LOW resolution conversation routines in C
=> ST-LOW now works!
* Added some of the WinSTon patches Paul Bates recently published
at the WinSTon BBS (Thanks to Ladislav Adamec for the hint).
* Cleaned up the source tree a little bit.
2001-04-03 (Thomas Huth): *** Version 0.03a ***
* Rewrote some more assembler functions. FDC emulation now works!
2001-04-02 (Thomas Huth):
* SDL Keyboard code finished and included a SDL-Key -> ST-Scancode table.
2001-03-29 (Thomas Huth):
* Added mouse support.
2001-03-28 (Thomas Huth): *** Version 0.02a ***
* Added very simple SDL support.
* Rewrote a lot of assembler functions in C (e.g. intercept.c).
* Adapted the UAE CPU. Now Hatari is able to boot a TOS 1.0x ROM, the
Desktop shows up, but no mouse and keyboard interaction yet.
2001-03-21 (Thomas Huth): *** Version 0.01a ***
* Made the WinSTon source code compilable.
* Added the UAE CPU sources.