* cpu to uname machine name map
* Copyright (c) 2009 Loïc Minier
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
* it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
* the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
* (at your option) any later version.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
* but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
* GNU General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
* along with this program; if not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
/* return highest utsname machine name for emulated instruction set
* NB: the default emulated CPU ("any") might not match any existing CPU, e.g.
* on ARM it has all features turned on, so there is no perfect arch string to
* return here */
const char *cpu_to_uname_machine(void *cpu_env)
/* utsname machine name on linux arm is CPU arch name + endianness, e.g.
* armv7l; to get a list of CPU arch names from the linux source, use:
* grep arch_name: -A1 linux/arch/arm/mm/proc-*.S
* see arch/arm/kernel/setup.c: setup_processor()
* to test by CPU id, compare cpu_env->cp15.c0_cpuid to ARM_CPUID_*
* defines and to test by CPU feature, use arm_feature(cpu_env,
* ARM_FEATURE_*) */
/* in theory, endianness is configurable on some ARM CPUs, but this isn't
* used in user mode emulation */
#define utsname_suffix "b"
#define utsname_suffix "l"
if (arm_feature(cpu_env, ARM_FEATURE_V7))
return "armv7" utsname_suffix;
if (arm_feature(cpu_env, ARM_FEATURE_V6))
return "armv6" utsname_suffix;
/* earliest emulated CPU is ARMv5TE; qemu can emulate the 1026, but not its
* Jazelle support */
return "armv5te" utsname_suffix;
/* see arch/x86/kernel/cpu/bugs.c: check_bugs(), 386, 486, 586, 686 */
uint32_t cpuid_version = ((CPUX86State *)cpu_env)->cpuid_version;
int family = ((cpuid_version >> 8) & 0x0f) + ((cpuid_version >> 20) & 0xff);
if (family == 4)
if (family == 5)
/* default is #define-d in each arch/ subdir */